- What other names is Guar Gum known by?
- What is Guar Gum?
- How does Guar Gum work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Guar Gum.
Possibly Effective for...
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- High cholesterol.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Weight loss.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Guar Gum work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.