- What other names is Guar Gum known by?
- What is Guar Gum?
- How does Guar Gum work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Guar Gum.
Possibly Effective for...
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- High cholesterol.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Weight loss.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Guar Gum work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Tips to keep it under control.