"A sharp rise in the incidence of congenital syphilis between 2012 and 2014 parallels a national increase in primary and secondary syphilis among women during the same period, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The "...
Gyne-Lotrimin Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Femcare, Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex-G
Generic Name: clotrimazole vaginal (Pronunciation: kloe TRIM a zole)
- What is clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What are the possible side effects of clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- Who should not use clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- How should I use clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What should I avoid while using clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- What other drugs will affect clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication. It prevents fungus from growing.
Clotrimazole vaginal is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections.
Clotrimazole vaginal may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
Stop using clotrimazole vaginal and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, face, or tongue; or hives).
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. These include burning, itching, irritation of the skin, and an increased need to urinate.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Gyne-Lotrimin (clotrimazole vaginal cream) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about clotrimazole vaginal (Gyne-Lotrimin)?
Use this medication for the full amount of time prescribed by your doctor or recommended in the package even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely healed.
Avoid wearing tight-fitting, synthetic clothing (e.g., panty hose) that does not allow air circulation. Wear loose-fitting clothing made of cotton and other natural fibers until the infection is healed.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Additional Gyne-Lotrimin Information
- Gyne-Lotrimin Drug Interactions Center: clotrimazole vagl
- Gyne-Lotrimin Side Effects Center
- Gyne-Lotrimin Overview including Precautions
- Gyne-Lotrimin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.