"Oct. 23, 2012 -- Wider use of colonoscopy has led to a more dramatic decline in colorectal cancer rates, a new study suggests.
Colorectal cancer cases and deaths have been falling for decades, with the most recent decline likely due t"...
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets
HalfLytely® and Bisacodyl Tablets Bowel Prep Kit (sodium chloride-sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride)
(PEG-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution and bisacodyl) Delayed Release Tablets
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Each HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets (sodium chloride-sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride) Bowel Prep Kit [Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution and bisacodyl delayed release tablets] consists of one 2 liter bottle of HalfLytely (PEG-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution) powder for reconstitution and two 5 mg bisacodyl, delayed release tablets.
- Bisacodyl delayed release tablets: Each pink, round, enteric coated bisacodyl delayed release tablet (stamped “BRA”) contains 5 mg of bisacodyl, USP (C22H19NO4) with a molecular weight of 361.40. Inactive ingredients include lactose (anhydrous) NF, microcrystalline cellulose NF, croscarmellose sodium NF, magnesium stearate NF, Eudragit L 30-55, polyethylene glycol 400, talc USP, gelatin, calcium sulfate (anhydrous) NF, confectioners sugar, kaolin USP, sucrose NF, Opalux pink, beeswax, and carnauba wax. The bisacodyl delayed release tablets are administered orally prior to drinking the HalfLytely solution [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION].
- HalfLytely (PEG-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution): A white powder for reconstitution containing 210 grams of PEG-3350, 2.86 grams of sodium bicarbonate, 5.6 grams of sodium chloride, 0.74 grams of potassium chloride and 1 gram of flavoring ingredient (if applicable). Flavor Packs are available in Cherry, Lemon-Lime and Orange. This preparation can be used without the addition of a Flavor Pack. When dissolved in water to a volume of 2 liters, the HalfLytely solution is isosmotic, clear, and colorless. The HalfLytely solution is administered orally after taking the two bisacodyl delayed release tablets [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION].
What are the possible side effects of bisacodyl and PEG-3350 (Half Lytely and Bisacodyl Lemon Lime, HalfLytely and Bisacodyl, HalfLytely and Bisacodyl with Flavor Packs)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor if you have any of these serious side effects:
- seizure (convulsions);
- severe nausea, severe stomach pain or bloating;
- coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- rectal bleeding;
- no bowel movement within 6 hours after use;...
Last reviewed on RxList: 8/4/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.