"Jan. 16, 2015 -- Researchers say they can now show how vitamin D has the power to protect some people from getting colorectal cancer, otherwise known as bowel cancer.
A study found that vita"...
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit is indicated for cleansing of the colon as a preparation for colonoscopy in adults.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The recommended HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit oral dosage regimen for adults on the day prior to colonoscopy is as follows:
- No solid food or milk (clear liquids only) should be consumed on the day of the preparation.
- Take one 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet with water. Do NOT chew or crush the tablet.
- No antacids should be taken within one hour of taking the bisacodyl delayed-release tablet.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution according to the instructions on the kit.
- Add flavor pack of choice (if applicable) to the 2 liter container.
- No additional ingredients (other than flavor packs provided) should be added to the solution.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution by filling the container to the 2 liter mark with water. Cap the container. Shake to dissolve the powder.
- Wait for a bowel movement (or maximum of 6 hours) then drink the 2 liter HalfLytely solution at a rate of 8 ounces every 10 minutes. Drink all of the solution.
- If you have abdominal distention or discomfort, stop drinking the HalfLytely solution temporarily or drink each portion at longer intervals until your symptoms improve.
- Consume only clear liquids after taking the HalfLytely solution until your colonoscopy.
Dosage Forms And Strengths
- One pink, round, enteric coated 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet, stamped “BRA”
- One 2 liter HalfLytely bottle with powder for reconstitution
Storage And Handling
Each HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit contains:
One 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet: pink, round, enteric coated, stamped “BRA” in a blister pack.
One 2 liter bottle of HalfLytely (PEG-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride for oral solution) powder for reconstitution containing 210 grams of polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350, 2.86 grams of sodium bicarbonate, 5.6 grams of sodium chloride, 0.74 grams of potassium chloride, and 1 gram of flavoring ingredient (if applicable). After adding 2 liters of water, the reconstituted HalfLytely solution (clear and colorless) contains 31.3 mmol/L of PEG-3350, 65 mmol/L of sodium, 53 mmol/L of chloride, 17 mmol/L of bicarbonate and 5 mmol/L of potassium. Lemon-Lime HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit contains 1 gram lemon-lime flavoring ingredient. HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit with Flavor Packs contain 4 packs (1gram each Cherry, Lemon-Lime, Orange and Pineapple flavors).
Store at 20-25oC (68-77oF). Excursions permitted between 15-30oC (59-86oF). The reconstituted HalfLytely solution, which may be refrigerated, should be used within 48 hours.
Lemon-Lime HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit NDC 52268-523-01
HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit with Flavor Packs NDC 52268-523-02
Manufactured by: Braintree Laboratories, Inc. Braintree, MA 02185. Distributed by: Braintree Laboratories, Inc. Braintree, MA 02185. Revised: 07/2010
Last reviewed on RxList: 8/4/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.