"Viral hepatitis facts
- Many illnesses and conditions can cause inflammation of the liver (hepatitis), but certain viruses cause about half of all hepatitis in people.
- Viruses that primarily attack the liver are c"...
- Vaccine recipients and parents or guardians should be informed by their healthcare provider of the potential benefits and risks of immunization with HAVRIX (hepatitis a vaccine, inactivated) .
- When educating vaccine recipients and parents or guardians regarding potential side effects, clinicians should emphasize that HAVRIX (hepatitis a vaccine, inactivated) contains non-infectious killed viruses and cannot cause hepatitis A infection.
- Vaccine recipients and parents or guardians should be instructed to report any adverse events to their healthcare provider where the vaccine was administered.
- The vaccine recipients or guardian should be given the Vaccine Information Statements, which are required by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 to be given prior to immunization. These materials are available free of charge at the CDC website (www.cdc.gov/nip).
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/20/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Havrix Information
Havrix - User Reviews
Havrix User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.