"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Procysbi (cysteamine bitartrate) for the management of nephropathic cystinosis in children and adults. Procysbi was granted orphan product designation because it is intended to treat a rare dis"...
Hectorol Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- What are the possible side effects of doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- Who should not take doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- How should I take doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Hectorol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Hectorol)?
- What should I avoid while taking doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- What other drugs will affect doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
- Where can I get more information?
Who should not take doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
Do not take doxercalciferol if you have high levels of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphorus in your body.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have liver disease. You may not be able to take doxercalciferol, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have liver disease.
Doxercalciferol is in the FDA pregnancy category B. This means that it is unlikely to harm an unborn baby. Do not take doxercalciferol without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
It is also not known whether doxercalciferol passes into breast milk. However, it is believed that doxercalciferol could affect a nursing baby. Do not take doxercalciferol if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take doxercalciferol (Hectorol)?
Take doxercalciferol exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand the directions on your prescription bottle, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with water.
Doxercalciferol is usually taken three times a week during dialysis. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Store doxercalciferol at room temperature away from moisture, light, and heat.
Additional Hectorol Information
- Hectorol Drug Interactions Center: doxercalciferol oral
- Hectorol Side Effects Center
- Hectorol Overview including Precautions
- Hectorol FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Hectorol - User Reviews
Hectorol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.