"June 3, 2015 -- A trio of shrimp dishes served as a single meal has hooked the top spot at the 2015 Xtreme Eating awards.
The "Create Your Own Combination" plate at Red Lobster-- built with the Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp, Walt's Favor"...
Directions for Use of B. Braun Glass Containers with Solid Stoppers
Designed for use with a vented set.
Before use, perform the following checks:
- Inspect each container. Read the label. Ensure solution is the one ordered and is within the expiration date. Check the security of bail and band.
- Invert container and carefully inspect the solution in good light for cloudiness, haze, or particulate matter; check the bottle for cracks or other damage. In checking for cracks, do not be confused by normal surface marks and seams on the bottom and sides of the bottle. These are not flaws. Look for bright reflections that have depth and penetrate into the wall of the bottle. Reject any such bottle.
- To remove the outer closure, lift the tear tab and pull up, over, and down until it is below the stopper (See Figure 1). Use a circular pulling motion on the tab until it breaks away.
- Grasp and remove the metal disk, exercising caution not to touch the exposed
sterile stopper surface.
Warning: Some additives may be incompatible. Consult with pharmacist. When introducing additives, use aseptic techniques. Mix thoroughly. Do not store.
- Refer to Directions for Use of the set being used. Insert the set spike into the large round outlet port of the stopper and hang container.
- After admixture and during administration, reinspect the solution frequently. If any evidence of solution contamination or instability is found or if the patient exhibits any signs of fever, chills or other reactions not readily explainable, discontinue administration immediately and notify the physician.
- When adding medication to the container during administration, swab the triangular medication site, inject medication and mix thoroughly by gentle agitation.
- Spiking, additions, or transfers should be made immediately after exposing the sterile stopper surface. Check for vacuum at first puncture of stopper. Admixture by needle or syringe should be made through the triangular (∇) medication site; contents should be drawn by vacuum into the bottle. Admixture by spiked vial should be through the outlet port (See Figure 2). If contents of initial addition are not drawn into the bottle, vacuum is not present and the unit should be discarded. Each addition/transfer will reduce the vacuum remaining in the bottle.
- If the first puncture of the stopper is the administration set spike, insert the spike fully into the outlet port of the stopper and promptly invert the bottle. Verify vacuum by observing rising air bubbles. Do not use the bottle if vacuum is not present.
- If admixture or set insertion is not performed immediately following removal of protective metal disk, swab stopper surface.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/19/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional HepatAmine Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Weight Loss Wisdom
Get tips, recipes and inspiration.