"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced it required the manufacturer of the sleep drug Lunesta (eszopiclone) to change the drug label and lower the current recommended starting dose. Data show that eszopiclone levels in some patient"...
- To take HETLIOZ before bedtime at the same time every night.11
- To skip the dose that night if they cannot take HETLIOZ at approximately the same time on a given night.
- To limit their activities to preparing for going to bed after taking HETLIOZ because HETLIOZ can potentially impair the performance of activities requiring complete mental alertness.
- That because of individual differences in circadian rhythms, daily use for several weeks or months may be necessary before benefit from HETLIOZ is observed.
- To swallow the capsule whole.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/10/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Hetlioz Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips for better sleep.