April 29, 2016
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Table of Contents
- What is high blood pressure?
- What causes high blood pressure?
- How is blood pressure measured?
- What do blood pressure readings mean (Blood Pressure Readings Chart)?
- What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?
- How is high blood pressure diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure?
- What are the potential risks and complications of untreated high blood pressure?
- What dietary strategies can help lower high blood pressure?
- How does exercise help lower high blood pressure?
- Is complementary and alternative medicine effective for treating high blood pressure?
How does exercise help lower high blood pressure?
Exercise helps lower blood pressure by helping you lose weight and keeping your heart and blood vessels in good condition.
Is complementary and alternative medicine effective for treating high blood pressure?
Some complementary and alternative medicine strategies can help you manage your high blood pressure.
- Reduce stress.
- Use relaxation methods such as deep breathing, imagery relaxation, yoga, meditation, and biofeedback.
- Keep a daily blood pressure chart.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Some home remedies, such as garlic, coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ10), calcium, magnesium, fish oil, and flaxseed have been shown in studies to lower blood pressure. Consult your physician before taking any supplements. Continue Reading
9/9Reviewed on 2/18/2014
High Blood Pressure Hypertension Related Articles
- Altace Capsules
- Benicar HCT
- Cardene IV
- Diovan HCT
- Exforge HCT
- InnoPran XL
- Tekturna HCT
- Toprol XL
- Verelan PM