Table of Contents
- Hip bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is hip bursitis?
- What causes hip bursitis?
- What are risk factors for hip bursitis?
- What are hip bursitis symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose hip bursitis?
- What types of doctors treat hip bursitis?
- What are the treatments and home remedies for hip bursitis?
- What is the prognosis for hip bursitis? Is it possible to prevent hip bursitis?
What is hip bursitis?
There are two major bursae of the hip, the trochanteric bursa and the ischial bursa. Inflammation of either can be associated with stiffness and pain around the hip joint. The trochanteric bursa is located on the side of the hip. It is separated significantly from the actual hip joint by tissue and bone. Bursitis is not arthritis and, therefore, is not a cause of true joint pain. Continue Reading
Joint Problems Resources
- 9 Things That Are Making Your Feet Hurt
- Low Back Pain? It Could Be Your SI Joint
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?