In this Article
- What other names is Holly known by?
- What is Holly?
- How does Holly work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Holly.
There isn't enough information available to know if holly leaves are safe for use. The leaves can cause side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and stomach and intestinal problems. Ingestion of holly leaf spines may tear or puncture skin or mucous membranes.
Do not use holly if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are dehydrated.
- You have a fluid (electrolyte) imbalance.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.