In this Article
- What other names is Horseradish known by?
- What is Horseradish?
- How does Horseradish work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Horseradish.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Levothyroxine is used for low thyroid function. Horseradish seems to decrease the thyroid. Taking horseradish along with levothyroxine might decrease the effects of levothyroxine.
Some brands that contain levothyroxine include Armour Thyroid, Eltroxin, Estre, Euthyrox, Levo-T, Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid, Unithroid, and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.