In this Article
- What other names is Huperzine A known by?
- What is Huperzine A?
- How does Huperzine A work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Huperzine A.
Do not use huperzine A if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a heart condition.
- You have a seizure disorder called epilepsy.
- You have a blockage, or "obstruction," in your digestive tract.
- You have a stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- You have a lung condition such as asthma or chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD).
- You have a blockage of your urinary or reproductive systems.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.