In this Article
- What other names is Hyaluronic Acid known by?
- What is Hyaluronic Acid?
- How does Hyaluronic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Hyaluronic Acid.
Do not take hyaluronic acid unless administered by a healthcare professional if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For treating osteoarthritis: healthcare providers inject hyaluronic acid into the knee joint.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options