- What other names is Hyaluronic Acid known by?
- What is Hyaluronic Acid?
- How does Hyaluronic Acid work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Hyaluronic Acid.
Likely Effective for...
- Sores in the mouth.
- Eye surgery and corneal transplant, when injected by an eye surgeon.
Possibly Effective for...
- Osteoarthritis, when injected into the joint.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Healing skin wounds and burns, and preventing aging.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options