"Dec. 3, 2012 -- The U.S. flu season is here -- the earliest start since the "moderately severe" season of 2003.
Just as in 2003, the nasty H3N2 flu bug is causing most cases so far.
"This could be a bad flu year," warned CDC"...
Hycodan Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Hycodan, Hydromet, Tussigon
Generic Name: homatropine and hydrocodone (Pronunciation: HOM a TROE peen and HYE dro KOE done)
- What is homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- What are the possible side effects of homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- What is the most important information I should know about homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- How should I take homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Hycodan)?
- What happens if I overdose (Hycodan)?
- What should I avoid while taking homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- What other drugs will affect homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
Hydrocodone is a narcotic cough medicine.
Homatropine is a drug that works against the narcotic to prevent an overdose of this medication.
The combination of homatropine and hydrocodone combination is used to treat cough.
Homatropine and hydrocodone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
round, white, imprinted with HYCODAN
What are the possible side effects of homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- painful urination;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- extreme drowsiness or weakness;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- weak or shallow breathing, or breathing that stops;
- feeling anxious or fearful; or
- unusual thoughts or behavior.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild drowsiness, dizziness;
- trouble concentrating;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation; or
- skin itching or rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Hycodan (hydrocodone bitartrate and homatropine methylbromide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about homatropine and hydrocodone (Hycodan)?
Before using homatropine and hydrocodone, tell your doctor if you have asthma or other breathing problems, liver or kidney disease, stomach problems, a underactive thyroid, Addison's disease, enlarged prostate or urination problems, glaucoma, or a history of drug addiction or alcoholism.
Hydrocodone may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Never share this medication with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of homatropine and hydrocodone.
Before you take this medication, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to sleepiness caused by homatropine and hydrocodone.
Homatropine and hydrocodone may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Additional Hycodan Information
Hycodan - User Reviews
Hycodan User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find the secrets to longer life.