"Aug. 22, 2016 -- The rising cost of a life-saving allergy drug dispenser is raising eyebrows at the pharmacy counter and on Capitol Hill.
The price of the EpiPen, which treats severe allergic reactions, has gone up sixfold in recent years. "...
- temporarily relieves itching associated with minor skin irritations, inflammation, and rashes due to:
- poison ivy, oak, sumac
- insect bites
- seborrheic dermatitis
- temporarily relieves external anal and genital itching
- other uses of this product should only be under the advice and supervision of a doctor
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- for itching of skin irritation, inflammation, and rashes:
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years of age: do not use, ask a doctor
- for external anal and genital itching, adults:
- when practical, clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly
- gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
aloe barbadensis leaf juice, white petrolatum
Questions or comments ?
American Sales Company. Revised: Jun 2016This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/17/2017
Additional Hydrocortisone Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.