In this Article
- What other names is Hydroxymethylbutyrate (hmb) known by?
- What is Hydroxymethylbutyrate (hmb)?
- How does Hydroxymethylbutyrate (hmb) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Hydroxymethylbutyrate (hmb).
Do not use HMB if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For treatment of weight loss, weakness, and diarrhea related to AIDS (AIDS-related wasting): 3 grams HMB in combination with 14 grams each of arginine and glutamine in two divided doses daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.