- What other names is Hyperimmune Egg known by?
- What is Hyperimmune Egg?
- How does Hyperimmune Egg work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Hyperimmune Egg.
Hyperimmune egg is used to treat diarrhea caused by rotavirus, infectious diarrhea, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and high cholesterol. It is also used for general stimulation of the immune system.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Diarrhea caused by rotavirus (rotaviral diarrhea). Developing research suggests that a preparation of purified antibodies from hyperimmune eggs harvested from hens immunized against strains of rotavirus can modestly decrease rotaviral diarrhea in children aged 2-24 months.
- Osteoarthritis. One research study found that some people with osteoarthritis feel less joint pain or swelling after taking a specific "immune egg" powder formulation (Immune26, Legacy for Life) for 2 months. But some researchers believe this study was not well designed and the results might be questionable.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. One research study found that taking a specific "immune egg" powder formulation (Immune26, Legacy for Life) for 2 months does not significantly improve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Poor study design significantly limits the reliability of this research.
- High cholesterol. Developing research suggests that taking a specific "immune egg" powder formulation (Immune26, Legacy for Life) for 26 weeks does not significantly lower cholesterol.
- Infectious diarrhea.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.