In this Article
- What other names is Iceland Moss known by?
- What is Iceland Moss?
- How does Iceland Moss work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Iceland Moss.
Medications taken by mouth (Oral drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Iceland moss contains a type of soft fiber called mucilage. Mucilage can decrease how much medicine the body absorbs. Taking Iceland moss at the same time you take medications by mouth can decrease the effectiveness of your medication. To prevent this interaction take Iceland moss at least one hour after medications you take by mouth.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.