- What other names is Iceland Moss known by?
- What is Iceland Moss?
- How does Iceland Moss work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Iceland Moss.
Iceland moss is used for treating irritation of the mouth and throat, loss of appetite, common cold, dry cough, bronchitis, indigestion, fevers, lung disease, kidney and bladder complaints, and the tendency toward infection.
Some people apply Iceland moss directly to poorly healing wounds.
In foods, Iceland moss is used as an emergency food source in Iceland.
In manufacturing, Iceland moss is used as a flavoring in alcoholic beverages.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Dry cough.
- Loss of appetite.
- Common cold.
- Lung disease.
- Kidney and bladder problems.
- Irritation or swelling (inflammation) of the mouth or throat.
- Wound healing, when applied to the skin.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.