- What other names is Idebenone known by?
- What is Idebenone?
- How does Idebenone work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Idebenone.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating Alzheimer's disease.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Friedreich's ataxia (a condition of heart failure, breathing difficulty, and muscle weakness), and mitochondrial encephalomyopathies (a condition of stroke-like conditions and brain damage).
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Idebenone work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.