"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the cobas EGFR Mutation Test v2, a blood-based companion diagnostic for the cancer drug Tarceva (erlotinib). This is the first FDA-approved, blood-based genetic test that can detect epidermal g"...
Ifex Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ifex
Generic Name: ifosfamide (Pronunciation: eye FOS fah mide)
- What is ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- What are the possible side effects of ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- How should I take ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ifex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ifex)?
- What should I avoid while taking ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- What other drugs will affect ifosfamide (Ifex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ifosfamide (Ifex)?
Ifosfamide is a cancer (antineoplastic) medication. Ifosfamide interferes with the growth of cancer cells and slows their growth and spread in the body.
Ifosfamide is used to treat testicular cancer.
Ifosfamide may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of ifosfamide (Ifex)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of your throat; difficulty breathing; swelling of your lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
- blood in the urine;
- lower back or side pain;
- frequent, painful or difficult urination;
- black or tarry stools;
- signs of infection such as fever; chills, or sore throat;
- extreme sleepiness, confusion, hallucination or coma; or
- unusual bleeding or bruising.
Other less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Talk to your doctor if you experience
- nausea, vomiting, or decreased appetite;
- mouth sores;
- diarrhea; or
- temporary hair loss.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ifex (ifosfamide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about ifosfamide (Ifex)?
Ifosfamide should only be administered under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider experienced in the use of cancer chemotherapeutic agents.
Serious side effects have been reported with the use of ifosfamide including: allergic reactions (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives); decreased bone marrow function and blood problems (extreme fatigue; easy bruising or bleeding; black, bloody or tarry stools; fever or chills; or signs of infection such as fever; chills, or sore throat); urinary problems (blood in the urine, difficulty urinating, or increased frequency of urination); neurologic problems (drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, and coma); and others. Talk to your doctor about the possible side effects from treatment with ifosfamide.
Additional Ifex Information
- Ifex Drug Interactions Center: ifosfamide iv
- Ifex Side Effects Center
- Ifex Overview including Precautions
- Ifex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Ifex - User Reviews
Ifex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.