Iliotibial Band Syndrome (cont.)
Benjamin Wedro, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Dr. Ben Wedro practices emergency medicine at Gundersen Clinic, a regional trauma center in La Crosse, Wisconsin. His background includes undergraduate and medical studies at the University of Alberta, a Family Practice internship at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and residency training in Emergency Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
In this Article
- Iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome facts
- What is iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- What causes iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- What are iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- What is the treatment for iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- What stretches and exercises are beneficial for iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- What exercises should be avoided with iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- Where can people find more information about iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Where can people find more information about iliotibial band (IT band) syndrome?
Iliotibial band syndrome is a common runner's affliction. Often a local running store will be able to provide information about the signs and symptoms of the injury, including area health-care professionals who can help runners and other athletes.
Lavine, R. "Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome." Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 3.1-4 Oct. 2010: 18-22.
Strauss, E.J., et al. "Iliotibial Band Syndrome: Evaluation and Management." J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 19.12 Dec. 2011.
Find out what women really need.