June 27, 2016
Table of Contents
- Impetigo facts
- What is impetigo? What causes impetigo?
- What are the types of impetigo? What are impetigo symptoms and signs? What does impetigo look like?
- Is impetigo contagious?
- How is impetigo diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for impetigo?
- What is the prognosis of impetigo? What are possible complications of impetigo?
- Will impetigo leave scars?
- Is it possible to prevent impetigo? What is the contagious period of impetigo? What is the incubation period of impetigo?
- What types of specialists treat impetigo?
- Impetigo is a bacterial infection of the surface of the skin.
- Impetigo is more common in children than in adults.
- The two types of impetigo are nonbullous and bullous impetigo.
- Impetigo symptoms and signs include
- small blisters,
- dark or honey-colored crust that forms after the pustules burst.
- Impetigo is contagious and is caused by strains of both staph and strep bacteria.
- Impetigo is not serious and is easy to treat with either prescription topical or oral antibiotics. Scarring is very rare. Continue Reading
1/7Reviewed on 2/22/2016