"The European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended the marketing of selexipag (Uptravi, Actelion Registration Ltd) for the treatment of adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)./"...
Inderal LA Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Inderal, Inderal LA, InnoPran XL
Generic Name: propranolol (Pronunciation: pro PRAN oh lol)
- What is propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- What are the possible side effects of propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- What is the most important information I should know about propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- How should I take propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Inderal LA)?
- What happens if I overdose (Inderal LA)?
- What should I avoid while taking propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- What other drugs will affect propranolol (Inderal LA)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is propranolol (Inderal LA)?
Propranolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Propranolol is used to treat tremors, angina (chest pain), hypertension (high blood pressure), heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions. It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack, and to reduce the severity and frequency of migraine headaches.
Propranolol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Inderal 10 mg
hexagonal, orange, imprinted with INDERAL 10, I
Inderal 20 mg
hexagonal, blue, imprinted with INDERAL 20, I
Inderal LA 120 mg
blue/light blue, capsule, imprinted with INERAL LA 120
Inderal LA 160 mg
blue, capsule, imprinted with INDERAL LA 160
Inderal LA 60 mg
blue/white, capsule, imprinted with INDERAL LA 60
Inderal LA 80 mg
turquoise, capsule, imprinted with INDERAL LA 80
Innopran XL 120 mg
gray/white, imprinted with 120, RD201 LOGO RELIANT
Innopran XL 80 mg
gray/white, imprinted with Reliant, RD 201 80
Propranolol 10 mg-MYL
round, orange, imprinted with 10, MYLAN 182
Propranolol 10 mg-SID
round, orange, imprinted with SL 467
Propranolol 10 mg-WAT
round, orange, imprinted with 10, DAN 5554
Propranolol 20 mg-MYL
round, blue, imprinted with 20, MYLAN 183
Propranolol 20 mg-SID
round, blue, imprinted with SL 468
Propranolol 20 mg-WAT
round, blue, imprinted with 20, DAN 5555
Propranolol 40 mg-MYL
round, green, imprinted with 40, MYLAN 184
Propranolol 40 mg-SID
round, green, imprinted with SL 469
Propranolol 40 mg-WAT
round, green, imprinted with 40, DAN 5556
Propranolol 60 mg-BAR
round, pink, imprinted with PLIVA 470
Propranolol 80 mg-MYL
round, yellow, imprinted with 80, MYLAN 185
Propranolol 80 mg-SID
round, yellow, imprinted with SL 471
Propranolol 80 mg-WAT
round, yellow, imprinted with 80, DAN 5557
Propranolol ER 120 mg-MYL
capsule, blue, imprinted with MYLAN 6220
Propranolol ER 160 mg-MYL
capsule, pink, imprinted with MYLAN 6260
Propranolol ER 60 mg-MYL
capsule, blue/pink, imprinted with MYLAN 6160
Propranolol ER 80 mg-MYL
capsule, pink/red, imprinted with MYLAN 6180
Propranolol LA 120 mg-ESI
blue/white, imprinted with 59911 120 mg
Propranolol LA 160 mg-ESI
blue/white, imprinted with 59911 160 mg
Propranolol LA 60 mg-ESI
white, imprinted with 59911 60 mg
What are the possible side effects of propranolol (Inderal LA)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast, slow, or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- cold feeling in your hands and feet;
- depression, confusion, hallucinations; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, stomach cramps;
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- tired feeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Inderal LA (propranolol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about propranolol (Inderal LA)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to propranolol, if you have asthma, a slow heart rate, or a serious heart condition such as "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker).
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using propranolol. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
Do not skip doses or stop using propranolol without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your blood levels of propranolol.
Propranolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Inderal LA Information
- Inderal LA Drug Interactions Center: propranolol oral
- Inderal LA Side Effects Center
- Inderal LA Overview including Precautions
- Inderal LA FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Inderal LA - User Reviews
Inderal LA User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.