In this Article
- What other names is Indian Frankincense known by?
- What is Indian Frankincense?
- How does Indian Frankincense work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Indian Frankincense.
Indian frankincense is POSSIBLY SAFE when applied to the skin for up to 30 days. It usually does not cause important side effects. However, some people who took it reported stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea. When applied to the skin, it can cause allergic rash.h.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Indian frankincense is LIKELY SAFE when used in amounts commonly found in foods. But don't use it in the larger amounts needed for medicinal effects. Not enough is known about the safety of using Indian frankincense in these amounts during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.