In this Article
- What other names is Indian Frankincense known by?
- What is Indian Frankincense?
- How does Indian Frankincense work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Indian Frankincense.
Do not use Indian frankincense in amounts greater than those found in foods if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Osteoarthritis: 100-250 mg daily of a specific extract (5-Loxin); 100 mg daily of another specific extract (Aflapin); 333 mg daily of another specific extract.
- Ulcerative colitis: 300-350 mg three times daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.