In this Article
- What other names is Indole-3-carbinol known by?
- What is Indole-3-carbinol?
- How does Indole-3-carbinol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Indole-3-carbinol.
In very high doses, indole-3-carbinol can cause balance problems, tremor, and nausea.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, stick with indole-3-carbinol in amounts typically found in the diet. Not enough is known about the safety of using indole-3-carbinol in larger medicinal amounts.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.