Inflammatory Breast Cancer (cont.)
In this Article
- What is inflammatory breast cancer?
- What are the symptoms of inflammatory breast cancer?
- How is inflammatory breast cancer diagnosed?
- How is inflammatory breast cancer treated?
- Find a local Oncologist in your town
How Is Inflammatory Breast Cancer Treated?
Inflammatory breast cancer is an aggressive cancer that can spread quickly. Treatment options include:
- Surgery. Surgery involving a mastectomy may be performed after chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy. This is given before surgery to shrink the tumor and make the cancer operable. Chemotherapy also decreases the chance the cancer will recur.
- Radiation. Often radiation is given after chemotherapy and surgery to reduce recurrence.
WebMD Medical Reference
National Cancer Institute: "Inflammatory Breast Cancer."
Reviewed by Arnold Wax, MD on May 09, 2012
Viewers share their comments
Find support and advances in treatment.