In this Article
- What other names is Inositol known by?
- What is Inositol?
- How does Inositol work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Inositol.
Inositol might be safe when used in the hospital for premature infants with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Do not take inositol if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a condition called bipolar disorder.
- For panic disorder: 12 to 18 grams per day.
- For obsessive-compulsive disorder: inositol 18 grams per day.
- For treating symptoms associated with polycystic ovary syndrome: D-chiro-inositol 1200 mg per day.
- For treating lithium-related psoriasis: 6 grams daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.