"Nov. 19, 2012 -- Unemployment and a history of job loss may raise the risk for heart attack, a new study suggests.
The risk of heart attack may be highest during the first year of unemployment. And the more jobs a person loses, the hi"...
Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
INTEGRILIN is indicated to decrease the rate of a combined endpoint of death or new myocardial infarction (MI) in patients with ACS (unstable angina [UA]/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction [NSTEMI]), including patients who are to be managed medically and those undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
INTEGRILIN is indicated to decrease the rate of a combined endpoint of death, new MI, or need for urgent intervention in patients undergoing PCI, including those undergoing intracoronary stenting [see Clinical Studies].
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Before infusion of INTEGRILIN, the following laboratory tests should be performed to identify preexisting hemostatic abnormalities: hematocrit or hemoglobin, platelet count, serum creatinine, and PT/aPTT. In patients undergoing PCI, the activated clotting time (ACT) should also be measured.
The activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) should be maintained between 50 and 70 seconds unless PCI is to be performed. In patients treated with heparin, bleeding can be minimized by close monitoring of the aPTT and ACT.
Dosage in Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
|Indication||Normal Renal Function||Creatinine Clearance < 50 mL/min|
|Patients with ACS||180 mcg/kg intravenous (IV) bolus as soon as possible after diagnosis, followed by continuous infusion of 2 mcg/kg/min||180 mcg/kg IV bolus as soon as possible after diagnosis, followed by continuous infusion of 1 mcg/kg/min|
INTEGRILIN should be given concomitantly with heparin dosed to achieve the following parameters:
During Medical Management
Target aPTT 50 to 70 seconds
- If weight greater than or equal to 70 kg, 5000-unit bolus followed by infusion of 1000 units/h.
- If weight less than 70 kg, 60-units/kg bolus followed by infusion of 12 units/kg/h.
Target ACT 200 to 300 seconds
- If heparin is initiated prior to PCI, additional boluses during PCI to maintain an ACT target of 200 to 300 seconds.
- Heparin infusion after the PCI is discouraged.
Dosage in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
|Indication||Normal Renal Function||Creatinine Clearance <50 mL/min|
|Patients with PCI||180 mcg/kg IV bolus immediately before PCI followed by continuous infusion of 2 mcg/kg/min and a second bolus of 180 mcg/kg (given 10 minutes after the first bolus)||180 mcg/kg IV bolus immediately before PCI followed by continuous infusion of 1 mcg/kg/min and a second bolus of 180 mcg/kg (given 10 minutes after the first bolus)|
- INTEGRILIN should be given concomitantly with heparin to achieve a target ACT of 200 to 300 seconds. Administer 60-units/kg bolus initially in patients not treated with heparin within 6 hours prior to PCI.
- Additional boluses during PCI to maintain ACT within target.
- Heparin infusion after the PCI is strongly discouraged.
Patients requiring thrombolytic therapy should discontinue INTEGRILIN.
Important Administration Instructions
- Inspect INTEGRILIN for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- May administer INTEGRILIN in the same intravenous line as alteplase, atropine, dobutamine, heparin, lidocaine, meperidine, metoprolol, midazolam, morphine, nitroglycerin, or verapamil. Do not administer INTEGRILIN through the same intravenous line as furosemide.
- May administer INTEGRILIN in the same IV line with 0.9% NaCl or 0.9% NaCl/5% dextrose. With either vehicle, the infusion may also contain up to 60 mEq/L of potassium chloride.
- Withdraw the bolus dose(s) of INTEGRILIN from the 10-mL vial into a syringe. Administer the bolus dose(s) by IV push.
- Immediately following the bolus dose administration, initiate a continuous infusion of INTEGRILIN. When using an intravenous infusion pump, administer INTEGRILIN undiluted directly from the 100-mL vial. Spike the 100-mL vial with a vented infusion set. Center the spike within the circle on the stopper top.
- Discard any unused portion left in the vial.
Administer INTEGRILIN by volume according to patient weight (see Table 1).
Table 1: INTEGRILIN Dosing
Charts by Weight
|Patient Weight||180-mcg/kg Bolus Volume||2-mcg/kg/min Infusion Volume (CrCl ≥ 50 mL/min)||1-mcg/kg/min Infusion Volume (CrCl < 50 mL/min)|
|(kg)||(lb)||(from 2-mg/mL vial)||(from 2-mg/mL 100-mL vial)||(from 0.75-mg/mL 100-mL vial)||(from 2-mg/mL 100-mL vial)||(from 0.75-mg/mL 100-mL vial)|
|37-41||81-91||3.4 mL||2 mL/h||6 mL/h||1 mL/h||3 mL/h|
|42-46||92-102||4 mL||2.5 mL/h||7 mL/h||1.3 mL/h||3.5 mL/h|
|47-53||103-117||4.5 mL||3 mL/h||8 mL/h||1.5 mL/h||4 mL/h|
|54-59||118-130||5 mL||3.5 mL/h||9 mL/h||1.8 mL/h||4.5 mL/h|
|60-65||131-143||5.6 mL||3.8 mL/h||10 mL/h||1.9 mL/h||5 mL/h|
|66-71||144-157||6.2 mL||4 mL/h||11 mL/h||2 mL/h||5.5 mL/h|
|72-78||158-172||6.8 mL||4.5 mL/h||12 mL/h||2.3 mL/h||6 mL/h|
|79-84||173-185||7.3 mL||5 mL/h||13 mL/h||2.5 mL/h||6.5 mL/h|
|85-90||186-198||7.9 mL||5.3 mL/h||14 mL/h||2.7 mL/h||7 mL/h|
|91-96||199-212||8.5 mL||5.6 mL/h||15 mL/h||2.8 mL/h||7.5 mL/h|
|97-103||213-227||9 mL||6 mL/h||16 mL/h||3.0 mL/h||8 mL/h|
|104-109||228-240||9.5 mL||6.4 mL/h||17 mL/h||3.2 mL/h||8.5 mL/h|
|110-115||241-253||10.2 mL||6.8 mL/h||18 mL/h||3.4 mL/h||9 mL/h|
|116-121||254-267||10.7 mL||7 mL/h||19 mL/h||3.5 mL/h||9.5 mL/h|
|> 121||> 267||11.3 mL||7.5 mL/h||20 mL/h||3.7 mL/h||10 mL/h|
Dosage Forms And Strengths
- Injection: 20 mg of INTEGRILIN in 10 mL (2 mg/mL), for intravenous bolus
- Injection: 75 mg of INTEGRILIN in 100 mL (0.75 mg/mL), for intravenous infusion.
- Injection: 200 mg of INTEGRILIN in 100 mL (2 mg/mL), for intravenous infusion.
Storage And Handling
INTEGRILIN (eptifibatide) injection is supplied as a sterile solution in 10-mL vials containing 20 mg of INTEGRILIN (NDC 0085-1177-01) and 100-mL vials containing either 75 mg of INTEGRILIN (NDC 0085-1136-01) or 200 mg of INTEGRILIN (NDC 0085-1177-02).
Vials should be stored refrigerated at 2-8°C (36-46°F). Vials may be transferred to room temperature storage
* for a period not to exceed 2 months. Upon transfer, vial cartons must be marked by the dispensing pharmacist with a “DISCARD BY” date (2 months from the transfer date or the labeled expiration date, whichever comes first).
* Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15-30°C (59-86°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature].
Manufactured by: Patheon Italia S.p.A, Ferentino, 03013, Italy. Revised: March 2013
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/4/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Integrilin Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.