In this Article
- What other names is Inulin known by?
- What is Inulin?
- How does Inulin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Inulin.
Do not use inulin if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For high triglycerides: The usual dose of inulin is 10-14 grams daily.
- For treatment of constipation in older people: 20-40 grams per day for 19 days.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.