- What other names is Iodine known by?
- What is Iodine?
- How does Iodine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Iodine.
- Conditions related to too much thyroid gland activity (hyperthyroidism).
- Radiation emergency associated with the use of radioactive iodides.
- Skin infection caused by the fungus Sporothrix (cutaneous sporotrichosis).
Possibly Effective for...
- Painful, fibrous breast tissue (fibrocystic breast disease).
- Preventing soreness and swelling inside the mouth, caused by chemotherapy treatments for cancer.
- Foot ulcers associated with diabetes.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Iodine work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.