- What other names is Ipecac known by?
- What is Ipecac?
- How does Ipecac work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Ipecac.
Possibly Effective for...
- Causing vomiting (emetic).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Thinning mucous to make coughing easier, bronchitis associated with croup, hepatitis, amoebic dysentery, loss of appetite, cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Ipecac work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.