Recommended Topic Related To:


"FDA is recommending health care professionals discontinue prescribing and dispensing prescription combination drug products that contain more than 325 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen per tablet, capsule or other dosage unit. There are no"...


Iplex Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose

What happens if I miss a dose (Iplex)?

Give the injection as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and wait until the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.

Always have the child eat a meal or snack 20 minutes before or after injecting mecasermin rinfabate.

What happens if I overdose (Iplex)?

Seek emergency medical attention if you think your child has received too much of this medicine.

Overdose symptoms may include symptoms of low blood sugar such as headache, nausea, hunger, confusion, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, sweating, tremor, or trouble concentrating.

What should I avoid while using mecasermin rinfabate (Iplex)?

Avoid giving this medication if your child is sick or cannot eat.

Do not give a mecasermin rinfabate injection if the child does not eat a meal or snack within 20 minutes before or after the injection. Mecasermin rinfabate may lower blood sugar levels if it is used without eating.

What other drugs will affect mecasermin rinfabate (Iplex)?

Before using mecasermin rinfabate, tell the doctor if your child uses any diabetes medications such as insulin or medicines taken by mouth (Glucotrol, Diabeta, Micronase, Orinase, and others). If your child is using any of these drugs, he or she may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use mecasermin rinfabate.

There may be other drugs not listed that can affect mecasermin rinfabate. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications your child uses. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your child's doctor.

Where can I get more information?

Your pharmacist can provide more information about mecasermin rinfabate.

Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.

Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.

Copyright 1996-2009 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 1.03. Revision date: 10/08/2007.

Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.


Side Effects Centers

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration


You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Women's Health

Find out what women really need.