"Nov. 27, 2012 -- Every month, 1,000 more young Americans ages 13 to 24 get an incurable infection that's deadly unless held at bay by daily doses of costly drugs -- and many of them don't even know it.
That infection is HIV, the virus"...
Isentress Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is raltegravir (Isentress)?
- What are the possible side effects of raltegravir (Isentress)?
- What is the most important information I should know about raltegravir (Isentress)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking raltegravir (Isentress)?
- How should I take raltegravir (Isentress)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Isentress)?
- What happens if I overdose (Isentress)?
- What should I avoid while taking raltegravir (Isentress)?
- What other drugs will affect raltegravir (Isentress)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Isentress)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Isentress)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking raltegravir (Isentress)?
Taking this medication will not prevent you from passing HIV to other people. Avoid having unprotected sex or sharing razors or toothbrushes. Talk with your doctor about safe ways to prevent HIV transmission during sex. Sharing drug or medicine needles is never safe, even for a healthy person.
What other drugs will affect raltegravir (Isentress)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifamate, Rimactane);
- phenobarbital (Solfoton); or
- cholesterol medications such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), simvastatin (Zocor), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with raltegravir. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about raltegravir.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 2.03. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Isentress Information
- Isentress Drug Interactions Center: raltegravir oral
- Isentress Side Effects Center
- Isentress Overview including Precautions
- Isentress FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Isentress - User Reviews
Isentress User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.