"Dec. 5, 2012 -- It's never too late to start reaping the benefits of a heart-healthy diet.
A new study shows older people with established heart disease who ate the most heart-healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, fish, and nuts ha"...
- Clinician Information:
Isuprel Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Isuprel Mistometer
Generic Name: isoproterenol inhalation (Pronunciation: eye so proe TER e nole)
- What is isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- What are the possible side effects of isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- What is the most important information I should know about isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- How should I use isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Isuprel)?
- What happens if I overdose (Isuprel)?
- What should I avoid while using isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
- What other drugs will affect isoproterenol (Isuprel)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
Isoproterenol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
Isoproterenol inhalation is used to treat conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
Isoproterenol inhalation may also be used for conditions other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop using isoproterenol inhalation and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives); or
- chest pain or an irregular heartbeat.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to use isoproterenol inhalation and talk to your doctor if you experience
- headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, or insomnia;
- tremor or nervousness;
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; or
- dry mouth.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Isuprel (isoproterenol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about isoproterenol inhalation (Isuprel)?
It is important to use the isoproterenol inhaler properly, so that the medicine gets into the lungs. Your doctor may want you to use a spacer with the inhaler. Talk to your doctor about proper inhaler use.
Seek medical attention if you notice that you require more than your usual or more than the maximum amount of any asthma medication in a 24-hour period. An increased need for medication could be an early sign of a serious asthma attack.
Additional Isuprel Information
- Isuprel Drug Interactions Center: isoproterenol hcl inj
- Isuprel Side Effects Center
- Isuprel FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.