What Are Chiggers?
Chiggers are arachnids (think spiders and ticks) and are a type of mite. Chiggers have four life stages: eggs, larva, nymph, and adult. Chiggers "attack" when they are in the larva stage. In the larva stage, chiggers cannot be seen with naked eye. They like to live in grassy, brushy, weedy, and moist areas that range from 60 F to 99 F (15.5 C to 37.2 C).
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication