"May 14, 2013 -- Actress and activist Angelina Jolie's recent decision to have a preventive double mastectomy highlights the difficult choices facing women who find out they have a high risk for breast cancer because of their genes.
Ixempra Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- What are the possible side effects of ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- How is ixabepilone given (Ixempra)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ixempra)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ixempra)?
- What should I avoid while receiving ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- What other drugs will affect ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Ixempra)?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss an appointment for your ixabepilone injection.
What happens if I overdose (Ixempra)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while receiving ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
Avoid drinking alcohol during your treatment with ixabepilone.
What other drugs will affect ixabepilone (Ixempra)?
Many drugs can interact with ixabepilone. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- bosentan (Tracleer);
- conivaptan (Vaprisol);
- dexamethasone (Cortastat, Dexasone, Solurex, DexPak);
- imatinib (Gleevec);
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- St. John's wort;
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate), rifabutin (Mycobutin), rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate), rifapentine (Priftin), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), miconazole (Oravig), posaconazole (Noxafil), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- a barbiturate such as butabarbital (Butisol), secobarbital (Seconal), pentobarbital (Nembutal), or phenobarbital (Solfoton);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as nicardipine (Cardene) or quinidine (Quin-G);
- the hepatitis C medications boceprevir (Victrelis) or telaprevir (Incivek);
- HIV/AIDS medication such as atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), efavirenz (Sustiva, Atripla), etravirine (Intelence), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), nevirapine (Viramune), ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra), or saquinavir (Invirase);
- medicines to treat narcolepsy, such as armodafinil (Nuvigil) or modafinil (Progivil); or
- seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol), felbamate (Felbatol), oxcarbazepine (Trileptal), phenytoin (Dilantin), or primidone (Mysoline).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with ixabepilone. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about ixabepilone.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 3.01. Revision date: 8/30/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Ixempra Information
- Ixempra Drug Interactions Center: ixabepilone iv
- Ixempra Side Effects Center
- Ixempra Overview including Precautions
- Ixempra FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Ixempra - User Reviews
Ixempra User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find support and advances in treatment.