"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved a request by Danco Laboratories to expand authorized use of its abortion pill Mifeprex (mifepristone), formerly known as RU-486, to 70 days of gestation from 49 days.
All Jadelle® (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) implants should be removed before inserting a new set of implants or initiating use of any other hormonal contraceptive. If more than 2 Jadelle® (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) implants are in situ, or if any Jadelle® (levonorgestrel implants (unavailable in us)) implants are in situ while another hormonal contraceptive is used, uterine bleeding patterns may be altered.
- Active thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. (There is insufficient information regarding women who have had previous thromboembolic disease.)
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known or suspected pregnancy.
- Acute liver disease, benign or malignant liver tumors.
- Known or suspected carcinoma of the breast.
- History of idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- Hypersensitivity to levonorgestrel or any of the components of the implants.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/29/2008
Additional Jadelle Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.