In this Article
- What other names is Jalap known by?
- What is Jalap?
- How does Jalap work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Jalap.
While jalap isn't safe for anyone to use, some people should be especially careful to avoid it.
Do not use jalap if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding. Jalap can stimulate menstruation.
- You have digestive tract problems, such as ulcers, Crohn's disease, or other conditions.
- You have symptoms of appendicitis (abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.