In this Article
- What other names is Jalap known by?
- What is Jalap?
- How does Jalap work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Jalap.
While jalap isn't safe for anyone to use, some people should be especially careful to avoid it.
Do not use jalap if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding. Jalap can stimulate menstruation.
- You have digestive tract problems, such as ulcers, Crohn's disease, or other conditions.
- You have symptoms of appendicitis (abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.