In this Article
- What other names is Jamaican Dogwood known by?
- What is Jamaican Dogwood?
- How does Jamaican Dogwood work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Jamaican Dogwood.
While Jamaican dogwood is UNSAFE for anyone to use, some people are particularly sensitive to the toxic effects and should avoid use. Do not give Jamaican dogwood to children.
Do not use Jamaican dogwood if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are elderly.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Jamaican dogwood might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.