In this Article
- What other names is Jamaican Dogwood known by?
- What is Jamaican Dogwood?
- How does Jamaican Dogwood work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Jamaican Dogwood.
Sedative medications (CNS depressants)
Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.
Jamaican dogwood might cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Medications that cause sleepiness are called sedatives. Taking Jamaican dogwood along with sedative medications might cause too much sleepiness.
Some sedative medications include clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.