- What other names is Jamaican Dogwood known by?
- What is Jamaican Dogwood?
- How does Jamaican Dogwood work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Jamaican Dogwood.
Despite serious safety concerns, Jamaican dogwood is used for anxiety and fear, for sleep problems (especially sleeplessness due to nervous tension), and as a daytime sedative. It is also used for painful conditions including nerve pain, migraines, and menstrual cramps.
Be careful not to confuse Jamaican dogwood and American dogwood.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Nerve pain.
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- Abnormal or painful menstruation.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.