In this Article
- What other names is Japanese Persimmon known by?
- What is Japanese Persimmon?
- How does Japanese Persimmon work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Japanese Persimmon.
Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Japanese persimmon seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking Japanese persimmon along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.
Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.