Jinteli™ (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP) should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected, or history of cancer of the breast.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or history of these conditions.
- Active or recent (e.g., within past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction).
- Liver dysfunction or disease.
- Norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to its ingredients.
- Known or suspected pregnancy. There is no indication for norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol in pregnancy. There appears to be little or no increased risk of birth defects in children born to women who have used estrogens and progestins from oral contraceptives inadvertently during early pregnancy. (See PRECAUTIONS.)
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/31/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Jinteli Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.