In this Article
- What other names is Karaya Gum known by?
- What is Karaya Gum?
- How does Karaya Gum work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Karaya Gum.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of karaya gum during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Blockage in the intestine (bowel obstruction): Don't use any bulk-laxative, including karaya gum, if you have a bowel obstruction.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.