In this Article
- What other names is Kava known by?
- What is Kava?
- Is Kava effective?
- How does Kava work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Kava.
Early symptoms of liver damage include yellowed eyes and skin (jaundice), fatigue, and dark urine.
Do not take kava if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have been told by your healthcare professional that you are depressed.
- You have a liver disease such as hepatitis.
- You have Parkinson's disease.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Kava might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.