"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved an expanded indication for onabotulinum toxin A (Botox, Actavis) for the treatment of adults with upper limb spasticity, according to a company news release.
The expanded i"...
Advise patients to report the following to healthcare providers:
- Rashes and reddening of skin [see ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Itchiness [see ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Swelling of tongue [see ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Changes in mouth and tongue sensation [see ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Alteration in taste [see ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- That the safety and efficacy of Kepivance have not been established in patients with non-hematologic malignancies [see INDICATIONS AND USAGE and WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Of the evidence of tumor growth and stimulation in cell culture and in animal models of non-hematopoietic human tumors [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY]
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/14/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Kepivance Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.