In this Article
- Newborn jaundice and Kernicterus facts
- What is jaundice in newborns?
- What is kernicterus?
- What are the signs and symptoms of jaundice in newborns?
- When should I contact my doctor if I think my newborn has jaundice?
- When should I get emergency medical help if I think my newborn has jaundice?
- How is newborn jaundice diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for newborn jaundice?
- What are the risk factors for newborn jaundice?
- What to do before leaving the hospital
- What do I do if my baby has jaundice?
- Where can I find support if my infant is affected by kernicterus?
Where can I find support if my infant is affected by kernicterus?
It might be helpful for parents of children affected by kernicterus to talk with one another. One parent might have learned how to address some of the same concerns another parent has. Often, parents of children with special needs can give advice about good resources for these children.
Remember that the choices of one family might not be best for another family, so it's important that parents understand all options and discuss them with their child's health care providers.
CDC.gov. Jaundice & KernicterusL Information for Families.
CDC.gov. Jaundice & Kernicterus. Facts about Jaundice and Kernicterus.
Get the latest treatment options.